We always think of our staff as working with us, not for us. After all, Pride Lands is a family, and the childcare services we provide to our cubs are only as good as our mentors that make those services happen.
If you think you’d like to work with us at Pride Lands and help make a difference in the cubs and families that are part of the Pride, then there is an application form here.
The people that we employ are all special though, and not everyone has what we require, including:
- Be at least 18 years old and reliable
- Hold a full drivers license
- Smoke and drug free
- Hold a first aid certificate/or be willing to get one
- Have a vaccine pass
- Be energetic and enthusiastic
- Enjoy working with cubs
- Interact continuously with cubs
- Have good communication skills
- Have no criminal convictions or offenses, and
- Culturally and socially aware and tolerant.
Personal attributes that we are looking for include:
- Willing to put the young people in their care first
- Willing to engage and interact
- Able to bring their experiences into the job in a positive manner
- Kind, honest and empathetic
- Able to see the potential in others, particularly those that struggle to see it in themselves
- Adaptable: Someone who can follow a plan and think on their feet when the plan needs to change
- Someone who can mix fun and discipline
- Nurturing and dedicated
- Up for a challenge, and
- Passionate about making a difference.